No announcement yet.

Phoronix Test Suite 8.4 M3 Brings Improvements For POWER9, Colorful Text Graphs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoronix Test Suite 8.4 M3 Brings Improvements For POWER9, Colorful Text Graphs

Phoronix: Phoronix Test Suite 8.4 M3 Brings Improvements For POWER9, Colorful Text Graphs

The third and possibly final development release of the upcoming Phoronix Test Suite 8.4-Skiptvet is now available for testing of our open-source, cross-platform testing and benchmarking framework...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Is there a way to select the LUN (either by manual selection or by script) to run the disk related IO tests against? Unless I am missing something, I copy the entire PTS working folder to the LUN I want to test against. In the proposed way I can test different LUN types, format types, block sizes, storage types in the same host without having to create yet more copies of PTS. It's either that or create one large master script that triggers a copy of PTS on each LUN to execute.

Since PTS interrogates the system it runs on initially to pull system info, I assume you would have to store that in a file or in an array so it could be referenced for the selection query.

Comment

Originally posted by edwaleni View Post
      Is there a way to select the LUN (either by manual selection or by script) to run the disk related IO tests against? Unless I am missing something, I copy the entire PTS working folder to the LUN I want to test against. In the proposed way I can test different LUN types, format types, block sizes, storage types in the same host without having to create yet more copies of PTS. It's either that or create one large master script that triggers a copy of PTS on each LUN to execute.

Since PTS interrogates the system it runs on initially to pull system info, I assume you would have to store that in a file or in an array so it could be referenced for the selection query.
      You can edit your ~/.phoronix-test-suite/user-config.xml (or root: /etc/phoronix-test-suite.xml) with the InstallationDirectory to point where to install/run tests from.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
      X