Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feral Is Bringing Shadow of the Tomb Raider To Linux

Phoronix: Feral Is Bringing Shadow of the Tomb Raider To Linux

While waiting for the release of Warhammer II today, Feral Interactive just announced they will be releasing Shadow of the Tomb Raider for Linux (and macOS) in 2019...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

While it sucks having to wait, it is nice to pick up a game a year later with patches & bug fixes, possible GOTY DLC bundles, and more for half the price Windows users paid. It's a fair compromise, IMHO; especially since I normally wait and get the GOTY version of single player games.

Thanks Feral. I appreciate all y'all are doing to make Linux gaming better.

Comment

Cool. Bought the last one. Gonna pick this one up as well. We'll probably get a linux release before ray tracing works without slideshow fps.

Comment

Does the Windows version have full VR support through the whole game?

Comment

f1 2018?

Comment

Good news, I'm waiting for this title.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
              While it sucks having to wait, it is nice to pick up a game a year later with patches & bug fixes, possible GOTY DLC bundles, and more for half the price Windows users paid. It's a fair compromise, IMHO; especially since I normally wait and get the GOTY version of single player games.

Thanks Feral. I appreciate all y'all are doing to make Linux gaming better.
              I agree entirely. It sucks because surely they'll get fewer sales by being this late. I always wonder if they port a game and say "it sold way less than Windows" and not take into account that it was released a year late.
              Still. It is nice to get it with all DLC for cheaper.

Comment

I'm curious about the performance vs the proton version... Can't wait to see this.

Comment

Can't wait to see this come out, waiting 2 years like RoTR would've been too much. DLCs and GOTY are nice, but I mostly just want a bug-free campaign in a reasonable amount of time. Thanks Feral!

Comment

The ROTR port was really nice, the gameplay also. But the story really put me off. Have better hopes for SOTR.

Btw, I am very interested if the game will be ported to vulkan from DX11 or DX12. If from DX12 will they try to port the "yet to be released" ray-tracing features. If so, linux might not lag so much behind windows ray-tracing titles (currently 1 for windows)

Comment

Working...
                    X