Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cougar 700K Gaming Keyboard Support Coming To Linux 4.21

Phoronix: Cougar 700K Gaming Keyboard Support Coming To Linux 4.21

If you currently have a Cougar 700K gaming keyboard or possibly picking one up over the holidays, it should work better with the next Linux kernel cycle...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

ckb is for Corsair, but maybe support could somehow be added?

Maybe a vendor protocol abstraction is needed.

https://github.com/ckb-next/ckb-next

Comment

Blimey what a disgustingly blingy keyboard, it looks like something those who like to pimp their Vauxhall Corsa would buy.

Comment

I guess if the price is better than corsair, I could be able to deal with it. But man, that thing is tacky looking. Should be called the swallow my pride 700k.

Comment

Originally posted by Slartifartblast View Post
          Blimey what a disgustingly blingy keyboard, it looks like something those who like to pimp their Vauxhall Corsa would buy.
          LMAO that's perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
            ckb is for Corsair, but maybe support could somehow be added?

Maybe a vendor protocol abstraction is needed.

RGB Driver for Linux. Contribute to ckb-next/ckb-next development by creating an account on GitHub.
            They are not focusing on Cougar, but it might be possible...

By the way, is this an advertisement or what? You have linked to it twice and even added a picture.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

They are not focusing on Cougar, but it might be possible...

By the way, is this an advertisement or what? You have linked to it twice and even added a picture.
              No, not an advertisement. I am not affiliated with the project. Actually, I've never used it.
              But since it have individual multi-color LEDs on each key, maybe support for it could be added.
              I use a Fnatic Gear Rush keyboard which is single-colored red backlit, but I run it with backlight disabled.

Comment

Working...
              X