Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Adding New Vega 10 & Vega 20 IDs To Their Linux Driver

Phoronix: AMD Adding New Vega 10 & Vega 20 IDs To Their Linux Driver

While we are looking forward to AMD's next-gen Navi architecture in 2019, it looks like the Vega family may be getting bigger soon...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

What about the 'GREAT AMD december surprise'? - Any news?

Comment

One of those is probably a dual Vega 20 Instinct card.

Comment

Re-release Vega 10 on 12 nm?

Comment

I do wonder if a 7nm Vega would make for a competitive gaming card. We are told there won't be one, but if it is already being built in quantities for AI and is priced correctly... Why not bring to retail?

Comment

Ooooh, Vega on a smaller fabrication process would be awesome.

Comment

An interesting? twist on the 7nm theories - TSMC apparently finds itself with spare 7nm capacity due to Apple etc. cancellations. Maybe, just maybe, a mutually beneficial deal was done to speed up the AMD roadmap.

Comment

Originally posted by LeJimster View Post
                I do wonder if a 7nm Vega would make for a competitive gaming card. We are told there won't be one, but if it is already being built in quantities for AI and is priced correctly... Why not bring to retail?
                You realize it takes like a year from start to finish to manufacture a chip? If they start now you won't see them until 2020, what's the point.

Their saving grace is that the production line is kept busy producing millions at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by LeJimster View Post
                  They would if it was price competitive with the current market of Video cards. They can get much more money for the same card from AI workstation customers.

Comment

Too many device id's for a refresh. I suspect prepping for Vegas CES announcement in a month. Maybe the 7nm 30X0 rumors are true.

Comment

Working...
                    X