Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Initial Linux Benchmarks Of The NVIDIA TITAN RTX Graphics Card For Compute & Gaming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Initial Linux Benchmarks Of The NVIDIA TITAN RTX Graphics Card For Compute & Gaming

Phoronix: Initial Linux Benchmarks Of The NVIDIA TITAN RTX Graphics Card For Compute & Gaming

Yesterday I unexpectedly found my hands on a NVIDIA TITAN RTX graphics card as the company's newest Titan graphics card built upon the Turing architecture and is now available via retail channels at $2499 USD. Here is an initial look at the NVIDIA TITAN RTX performance under Ubuntu Linux with a variety of compute workloads (including TensorFlow) as well as for entertainment are some Vulkan gaming benchmarks.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Oh wow - I bet it was an exciting moment when you realised you had a shiny new Titan Michael

Comment

Originally posted by boxie View Post
      Oh wow - I bet it was an exciting moment when you realised you had a shiny new Titan Michael
      Still waiting on finding out if I get to keep it for benchmarking or what... But at least for now hammering it with benchmarks. Contacted NV yesterday to confirm but nothing yet I guess due to Christmas, so will keep it warm with benchmarks all weekend. AFAIK, it was supposed to be an RTX 2070 replacement for the retail 2070 card I had that seems to be faulty now that was swapping with NVIDIA Linux team for investigation.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

Still waiting on finding out if I get to keep it for benchmarking or what... But at least for now hammering it with benchmarks. Contacted NV yesterday to confirm but nothing yet I guess due to Christmas, so will keep it warm with benchmarks all weekend. AFAIK, it was supposed to be an RTX 2070 replacement for the retail 2070 card I had that seems to be faulty now that was swapping with NVIDIA Linux team for investigation.
        To quote pirates of the Caribbean - Take what you can and give nothing back

Comment

Three fps differential seems about right considering it's the same hardware. They are marketing this as a automobile priced gaming gpu as well. So that's kinda the FU icing on the cake from Jenson. I hope his stock craters another 50%.

Comment

Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
            which is a few Watts lwer than the Rx Vega 64.

Comment

It's actually better than I was expecting.
              Also pretty interesting how, on average, it seems to be twice as fast as a slightly overclocked Vega 56 (albeit, also ~7x more expensive, depending where you shop).

Comment

Wow, worse value proposition (compared to its gaming counterpart RTX2080Ti) than even Vega FE (to Vega64). NVidia did improve their game!

Comment

My 1080ti suddenly feels very inferior!

Comment

Originally posted by reavertm View Post
                    Wow, worse value proposition (compared to its gaming counterpart RTX2080Ti) than even Vega FE (to Vega64). NVidia did improve their game!
                    No Porsche 911 for you but you may whine as much as you want. Also, NVIDIA is not a charity.

Comment

Working...
                    X