The New LLVM Repository Is Now Officially Available Via Git On GitHub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The New LLVM Repository Is Now Officially Available Via Git On GitHub

Phoronix: The New LLVM Repository Is Now Officially Available Via Git On GitHub

The LLVM project has long been transitioning from Subversion-centered development to using Git around GitHub. The new "LLVM monorepo" Git setup is now considered finalized...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I can't hit like to the article because I must be a logged in facebook user, but I can to user comments because it's not required, why so?

Comment

Does that mean we can now send pull requests to LLVM? or is it readonly still?

Comment

One thing I don't understand is why big projects like this put everything in a mega repository.

For me if it's descretely buildable and aspects have different levels of change it should be own repository.

Also it's git, fork the repo delete the other bits and move your desired project to the head of it. It's only a bit of rebase and patience to merge them back together if you need to.

Comment

Originally posted by stevecrox View Post
          One thing I don't understand is why big projects like this put everything in a mega repository.

For me if it's descretely buildable and aspects have different levels of change it should be own repository.

Also it's git, fork the repo delete the other bits and move your desired project to the head of it. It's only a bit of rebase and patience to merge them back together if you need to.
          They seem to have had quite a bit of debate on that particular subject. https://llvm.org/docs/Proposals/GitH...e-repositories
          It seems their decision was not taken lightly.

Hopefully this year git will learn to do partial clones https://www.git-scm.com/docs/partial-clone then this becomes a non issue.

Comment

Working...
          X