No announcement yet.

Recently Added Benchmarks From DAV1D To Microsoft Ethr To More Machine Learning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recently Added Benchmarks From DAV1D To Microsoft Ethr To More Machine Learning

Phoronix: Recently Added Benchmarks From DAV1D To Microsoft Ethr To More Machine Learning

From the end of the year to already this year there are several new test profiles available via OpenBenchmarking.org and the Phoronix Test Suite...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Hi Michael

I just tried to run the pts/dav1d benchmark and got this failure

Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/home/jason/.local/bin/meson", line 26, in <module>
    from mesonbuild import mesonmain
    ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'mesonbuild'
    ninja: Entering directory `build'
    ninja: fatal: chdir to 'build' - No such file or directory

Comment

Originally posted by boxie View Post
      Hi Michael

Guessing the Meson on your system is too old for dav1d. IIRC, dav1d requires a fairly new version of Meson.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

Guessing the Meson on your system is too old for dav1d. IIRC, dav1d requires a fairly new version of Meson.
        pip3 tells me I am using the latest it can get its hands on
        meson 0.49.0

pip on the other hand does not have meson installed

(kde neon 18.04 is my platform)

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

So my
          Code:
          pip3 install --user meson
          was causing the problem, as it looks like the install changes $HOME, so no longer can it find the ~/.local/lib stuff for the --user installed libs.

Running it now

Comment

The dav1d test is nice to have. :- )

Comment

This test can be a bit IO-bound on a 7200 rpm harddisk, even for a slow CPU.

By symlinking output.yuv to /dev/null, I got nearly twice the speed: https://openbenchmarking.org/result/...SK-AMDA6367051
              Last edited by andreano; 11 January 2019, 08:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by boxie View Post
                Hi Michael

That's the exact same error I got when Solus updated from 0.48.x to 0.49.x Reinstalling through PIP solved the issue, although according to the Solus devs, there was no issue.

Comment

Originally posted by andreano View Post
                  This test can be a bit IO-bound on a 7200 rpm harddisk, even for a slow CPU.

By symlinking output.yuv to /dev/null, I got nearly twice the speed: https://openbenchmarking.org/result/...SK-AMDA6367051
                  That's not all. Doing that also dramatically increases consistency (10 (!) runs without vs 3 runs with).

Furthermore, there is no need to symlink. We can set the output to /dev/null and the muxer to "yuv".

Michael Can I contribute to the test profile? I have done many improvements to make benchmarks more pleasant.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

That's not all. Doing that also dramatically increases consistency (10 (!) runs without vs 3 runs with).

Furthermore, there is no need to symlink. We can set the output to /dev/null and the muxer to "yuv".

Michael Can I contribute to the test profile? I have done many improvements to make benchmarks more pleasant.
                    Patches welcome via email or github.com/phoronix-test-suite/test-profiles/
                    Michael Larabel
                    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
                    X