Wine 4.0-RC6 Fixes Bugs With Crysis, Final Fantasy & Other Windows Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine 4.0-RC6 Fixes Bugs With Crysis, Final Fantasy & Other Windows Games

Phoronix: Wine 4.0-RC6 Fixes Bugs With Crysis, Final Fantasy & Other Windows Games

While last week's Wine 4.0-RC5 release was quite a small release due to the holidays, Wine 4.0-RC6 is now available and it's back on track with more bug-fixing...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

In this wine version fix crysis 1 lighting issues

Comment

In this wine version OpenMPT is still broken in HiDPI

Comment

At least we don't need to ask whether it can run Crysis.

Comment

Ha! I thought I was the only one who still used Crysis. I've always found games boring for some reason, but the engineer in me has always loved the graphics!. Crysis was one of the first games I ever bought that had such complex and beautiful (for the time) graphics and it's still one of the first games I install with Steam. A word of warning though, for some reason Steam actually stopped supporting Crysis a long time ago and you to change some directory names and copy a different 64 bit version to Steam to make it run.

Comment

As it was common at that time, the game originally was released with disc copy protection malware drivers in 2007.
            But there's a GoG version that should run as x64 without further adjustments.

Comment

Proton is Valves "wine for steam".
              Everything outside steam works just as usual. You can still run windows steam games the old way if youre unhappy with Proton.

I think you also can enable and disable some Proton features with environment variabels.

Comment

Originally posted by ihatemichael

Why no video?
                Hi i sorry for that but i stay busy this days however i hope stay more free finish this week, i hope so

Comment

Working...
                X