Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google Is Hiring More LLVM/Clang Developers

Phoronix: Google Is Hiring More LLVM/Clang Developers

Should you be seeking a career in compiler development, Google is continuing to ramp up their teams working on LLVM/Clang...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

They're only considering people who live in The Valley. No remotes. It's 2019, good thing the internet is being run by folk who won't use it to develop their software.

Comment

Looks like Michael is subscribed to cfe-dev or has good reporters on field.

Comment

Originally posted by bregma View Post
        They're only considering people who live in The Valley. No remotes. It's 2019, good thing the internet is being run by folk who won't use it to develop their software.
        IMHO that's good, 'cause the last couple of months, I've been seeing these news reports of people in The Valley living in their cars because they can't afford housing over there. But Google pays well, so they might be able to afford housing now.

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post
          I've been seeing these news reports of people in The Valley living in their cars because they can't afford housing over there.
          OMG, now I see the master plan. One of the problems with living in your vehicle is finding a place to park at night, but with all the work going into autonomous vehicles we'll have them all driving randomly around at night while their owners sleep. What could go wrong ?
          Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
            OMG, now I see the master plan. One of the problems with living in your vehicle is finding a place to park at night, but with all the work going into autonomous vehicles we'll have them all driving randomly around at night while their owners sleep. What could go wrong ?
            Google wants to get into to the housing and accommodations business? Wow, stealth attack on Air BnB!

If Elon Musk has his way, a network of underground transit tunnels will open up a whole, new underground realestate market. You'll be able to ride in your autonomous Tesla to your cave home. Probably from your underground office.

Of course, all this underground stuff could be a problem, if the Bay area were particularly earthquake-prone.
            Last edited by coder; 16 January 2019, 09:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by coder View Post
              Of course, all this underground stuff could be a problem, if the Bay area were particularly earthquake-prone.
              ... or close to a large body of deep water.
              Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
                ... or close to a large body of deep water.
                Speaking of which, I think I heard that much of Silicon Valley is actually below sea level!

Comment

Working...
                X