Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deepin 15.9 Released With Usability Improvements, Bug Fixes

Phoronix: Deepin 15.9 Released With Usability Improvements, Bug Fixes

The popular China-based Deepin Linux distribution derived from Debian and featuring its own Qt5-based desktop environment is out today with version 15.9...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

It's a thick GUI. Does require resources.

The Deepin Store has a huge selection of Chinese apps.

Didn't like running in a VM at first. Deepin even warns you at install that you are running it as a VM and performance may suffer.

Lots of home grown apps like Elementary does. Unique desktop options.

Comment

Just another futile dress for linux programs that yet go well as they are.

Comment

Originally posted by edwaleni View Post
        The Deepin Store has a huge selection of Chinese apps.
        The Android, iOS and Windows app stores also have a huge selection of Chinese apps. The only difference is that they show up as suggested apps on the front page of the store, no matter what, whereas they don't on other app stores unless the region is set to China.

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

The Android, iOS and Windows app stores also have a huge selection of Chinese apps. The only difference is that they show up as suggested apps on the front page of the store, no matter what, whereas they don't on other app stores unless the region is set to China.
          This is correct. They are the preferred app type when you first open the library.

In Android I never ever see Chinese apps, as you say they have a preference marker for me and therefore they are buried in the library.

Now that I see it in Deepin, I have become educated on how well that part of the ecosystem is supported.

If the front page of the store contained apps in Xhosa by default, I would have said the same thing.

Comment

Working...
          X