Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa 18.2 vs. 18.3 vs. 19.0 January Benchmarks For RadeonSI/RADV

Phoronix: Mesa 18.2 vs. 18.3 vs. 19.0 January Benchmarks For RadeonSI/RADV

With Mesa 19.0 entering its feature freeze before the month is through, here are fresh benchmarks of the very latest RadeonSI OpenGL and RADV Vulkan performance on Polaris and Vega graphics cards compared to the current stable Mesa 18.3 series and the former 18.2 release. This testing is complementary to last week's Mesa 19.0 RADV vs. AMDVLK vs. AMDGPU-PRO Vulkan tests.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Nice benchmarks.

Looks like Super Tux Kart could do with some optimizing. The FPS is pretty low considering what the game is and how it looks.

Comment

I enjoy these sorts of comparisons. However, can you please include Fury results in more articles of this type?

Comment

Thanks Mike! See progress on Vega. I also ask you to include DXVK tests (GTA5 or other games with a built-in benchmark). I would also like to see the minimum frame. For example, on Mesa 18.3, the Elder Scrolls Online game is better than on Windows. But at 18.2 it is not possible to play due to frame jumps.

Comment

Originally posted by cybertraveler View Post
          Nice benchmarks.

Looks like Super Tux Kart could do with some optimizing. The FPS is pretty low considering what the game is and how it looks.
          SuperTuxKart can be pretty heavy with maximum settings, at least on Intel cards (not sure about Radeon). Esp. now that the graphics have once again improved with 0.10 beta.

Comment

Working...
          X