Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Libdrm 2.4.97 Released With AMDGPU Updates, Other Minor Work

Phoronix: Libdrm 2.4.97 Released With AMDGPU Updates, Other Minor Work

Libdrm 2.4.97 was released today by AMD's Marek Olšák as the newest version of this Mesa DRM library. The main feature of this list is a newer, faster buffer object list API for the AMDGPU code...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

What is a good way to build Mesa with custom libdrm? Debian is already in the freeze, and Mesa bumped libdrm requirement above what is frozen in current Debian. I built latest lbdrm itself (using Meson) which is relatively easy.

Is there some good way to point Mesa build (also using Meson) to that custom built lbdrm, besides replacing system one with it (including pkgconfig files)?
    Last edited by shmerl; 22 January 2019, 11:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
      What is a good way to build Mesa with custom libdrm? Debian is already in the freeze, and Mesa bumped libdrm requirement above what is frozen in current Debian. I built latest lbdrm itself (using Meson) which is relatively easy.

Is there some good way to point Mesa build (also using Meson) to that custom built lbdrm, besides replacing system one with it (including pkgconfig files)?
      Are you sure you need to build Mesa against libdrm and that it's not just a runtime thing?

Comment

Originally posted by geearf View Post

Are you sure you need to build Mesa against libdrm and that it's not just a runtime thing?
        Yeah, Mesa build fails due to libdrm-dev being below minimum requirements. Mesa bumps it periodically, but usually it's not an issue, since Debian testing keeps it up to date. During the freeze though, it becomes a problem, so I need to put together a build that uses a custom libdrm build.

Comment

Yeah, Mesa build fails due to libdrm-dev being below minimum requirements. Mesa bumps it periodically, but usually it's not an issue, since Debian testing keeps it up to date. During the freeze though, it becomes a problem, so I need to put together a build that uses a custom libdrm build.
          My bad!

Comment

Isn't that just the Build-Depends in the controls file?

Comment

Debian is already in the freeze, and Mesa bumped libdrm requirement above what is frozen in current Debian. I built latest lbdrm itself (using Meson) which is relatively easy.
              Debian is currently only in transition freeze, not in deep freeze. As you could see on salsa, this version of libdrm seems to will be uploaded:

https://salsa.debian.org/xorg-team/l...ebian-unstable

If you are in hurry, just take it for there and rebuild
              Last edited by dungeon; 23 January 2019, 08:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post

Debian is currently only in transition freeze, not in deep freeze. As you could see on salsa, this version of libdrm seems to will be uploaded:
                Ah, I see. But still, good to know how to do it eventually.

Comment

Ah, I see. But still, good to know how to do it eventually.
                  Well, it is accepted by ftp masters now it and will be in incoming you know So, up until tomorrow everybody would get it from official unstable repo

http://incoming.debian.org/debian-bu...n/libd/libdrm/
                  https://buildd.debian.org/status/log...m&ver=2.4.97-1

Either you wait or you can do it yourself too Just dget dcs, check build deps and rebuild

BTW, Debian deep freeze will be only at spring, this is not real frozen still
                  Last edited by dungeon; 23 January 2019, 09:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X