Open-Source Linux Driver Published For Habana Labs' "Goya" AI Processor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open-Source Linux Driver Published For Habana Labs' "Goya" AI Processor

Phoronix: Open-Source Linux Driver Published For Habana Labs' "Goya" AI Processor

Habana Labs is one of the companies working on an "AI" processor for speeding up deep learning inference and training workloads. Their initial product is the Goya processor that is already production-qualified. Today they published initial open-source Linux kernel driver patches for review to potentially include in the mainline kernel moving forward...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: Open-Source Linux Driver Published For Habana Labs' "Goya" AI Processor

Habana Labs is one of the companies working on an "AI" processor for speeding up deep learning inference and training workloads. Their initial product is the Goya processor that is already production-qualified...
    The only Goya I recognize and acknowledge is this Goya:

Comment

This seems rather cool. I wonder if there is any chance of Hanaba Labs sending Michael a nice review sample for comparison

Comment

Another soon to be dead driver, that wastes kernel space and maintainance power.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonadow View Post

What is that image from? An anime?

Comment

Originally posted by Candy View Post
            Another soon to be dead driver, that wastes kernel space and maintainance power.
            Another soon to be dead post, that wastes storage space and server power.

Comment

Originally posted by cybertraveler View Post
              What is that image from? An anime?
              a somewhat lewd online card game. https://kancolle.fandom.com/wiki/I-58

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
                a somewhat lewd online card game. https://kancolle.fandom.com/wiki/I-58
                There's nothing remotely lewd about kancolle.

It's just a (very popular) game in Japan about the Imperial Japanese Navy WW2 warships being reincarnated as shipgirls with special abilities matching their namesake ships.

No prizes for guessing who their enemies are.
                Last edited by Sonadow; 23 January 2019, 10:03 PM.

Comment

Imperial Japanese Navy WW2 warships being reincarnated as shipgirls
                  Yeah correct. That's turning a multi-thousand-ton metal warmachine designed to kill people into a cute japanese hentai schoolgirl, depicted in mildly softcore images. That's somewhat lewd.

Comment

Oh, c'mon!

Don't tell me you haven't even seen this:

Comment

Working...
                    X