Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EGL_MESA_query_driver Merged Into Mesa 19.0, ADriConf Looking For Improvement Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EGL_MESA_query_driver Merged Into Mesa 19.0, ADriConf Looking For Improvement Ideas

Phoronix: EGL_MESA_query_driver Merged Into Mesa 19.0, ADriConf Looking For Improvement Ideas

As a follow-up to the story earlier this week about a Mesa EGL extension needed for a universal driver configuration GUI, that extension (MESA_query_driver) was re-merged into Mesa 19.0 now that the build issue was addressed. The developer behind ADriConf is also looking for ideas on further improving this open-source 3D driver configuration utility...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I hope they fix the double negatives in the gui

Enable X Yes/No
    Disable Y Yes/No

is bad

X On/Off
    Y On/Off

is better IMHO

Comment

what's the difference between this and driconf?

Comment

There doesn't seem to be these features according to the screenshots:
        . Way to detect all applications running currently on the gpu, and way to change parameters for them (this is useful because most of the time you don't know what exe name the app will use, and you need it for the conf)
        . Multi-GPU

My attempt at driconf replacement had these.
        driCenter is a GPU configuration tool. Contribute to axeldavy/driCenter development by creating an account on GitHub.

Comment

Originally posted by clapbr View Post
          what's the difference between this and driconf?
          driconf is buggy and lacks options, this one doesnt

Comment

Originally posted by davidbepo View Post

driconf is buggy and lacks options, this one doesnt
            I personally dont have problems with driconf and I just built adriconf and the options are the same.

Comment

Originally posted by mannerov View Post
              There doesn't seem to be these features according to the screenshots:
              . Way to detect all applications running currently on the gpu, and way to change parameters for them (this is useful because most of the time you don't know what exe name the app will use, and you need it for the conf)
              . Multi-GPU

My attempt at driconf replacement had these.
              https://github.com/axeldavy/driCenter
              And it should be much prettier too using QML.

Comment

Originally posted by tichun

I see this tool as a category in KDE/GNOME settings application in devices section, called Graphics.
                Yeah that'd be great to have it integrated in there.

Comment

Working...
                X