No announcement yet.

Mesa 19.0-RC1 Released With FreeSync Bits, Soft FP64, Many Vulkan Improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa 19.0-RC1 Released With FreeSync Bits, Soft FP64, Many Vulkan Improvements

Phoronix: Mesa 19.0-RC1 Released With FreeSync Bits, Soft FP64, Many Vulkan Improvements

After its feature freeze and code branching yesterday, the first release candidate of Mesa 19.0 is now available...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Is FreeSync working with radv?

Comment

I really hoped they would get these bugs fixed in time for Mesa 19.0, Then The Witcher 3 over Proton/DXVK would have been perfect.
      https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=109404 (Has a workaround patch, but it just makes the error less likely to hit, the root cause is still being analysed)
      When playing The Witcher 3 (from Steam) on a Kabylake Core i7-8650U on a Dell notebook with a UHD620 I get a weird texture flickering when items are in shadow. Generally the game is too dark, I did...

But even with that patch, TW3 is much more playable.
      Now if the UHD620 was just a bit faster...

Comment

Is the material benefiting from Soft FP64 going to expose OpenGL 4.0 straight away in glxinfo or is it only theoretical?

Comment

Can you use FreeSync one one monitor for a fullscreen game while using 2 monitors with AMDGPU + Mesa + Polaris?

Comment

Working...
          X