Hands On With The AMD Radeon VII, Linux Ready To Light Up 7nm Vega

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hands On With The AMD Radeon VII, Linux Ready To Light Up 7nm Vega

Phoronix: Hands On With The AMD Radeon VII, Linux Ready To Light Up 7nm Vega

AMD's Radeon VII as their Vega 7nm consumer graphics card will be launching on 7 February at $700 USD ($699), but today marks the embargo expiry for the "unboxing" content... Yep, the Radeon VII is in the process of being tested under Linux.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Wow, very nice,
    It could be nice to test Graphics and GPU Computation also.

AMDGPU still has to mature, but it starts to go in the right track.
    Rocm2.0 marks the beginning of something, and it still needs to mature( they had the CL_Mem test, some time ago with lots of latency, but was also noted that, it could be a naive observation...)

can't wait for the benchmark

Comment

Very cool, gonna cycle the Vega 64 to my secondary workstation, and put one of these in my primary, if I can. It looks like they set the launch price correctly this time as well, so hopefully there will be less pain getting availability.

Good also that this time they made sure to send you one, Michael; I hope this is the start of a steady pattern.
      Last edited by microcode; 04 February 2019, 10:28 AM.

Comment

As an existing Vega64 owner, I will look forward to your reviews and read them to determine how jealous of the new cards I should be

Comment

Very nice of them to send you a review card, that means the Linux support must be good.

Comment

Thursday just can't get here fast enough.

Looking forward to the upcoming review.

Comment

Any chance for Witcher 3 test (using dxvk)?

Comment

Originally posted by amossoma View Post
                Any chance for Witcher 3 test (using dxvk)?
                As far as I know that game doesn't have any support for scripted/automated benchmarks from the command line?
                Michael Larabel
                https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

As far as I know that game doesn't have any support for scripted/automated benchmarks from the command line?
                  I think, you are absolutely right - my fault (but still, I love this game and linux )

Comment

That acrylic stand you guys got is actually very cool looking; I might ask for one for my desk as well

Comment

Working...
                    X