Fwupd+LVFS Begins Eyeing The Enterprise For Easier Linux Firmware Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fwupd+LVFS Begins Eyeing The Enterprise For Easier Linux Firmware Updates

Phoronix: Fwupd+LVFS Begins Eyeing The Enterprise For Easier Linux Firmware Updates

Now that the Linux Vendor Firmware Service (LVFS) and Fwupd updating mechanism for firmware/BIOS updates is supported by all major vendors and has already served up more than five million firmware files, their newest focus is on easing the roll-out of firmware updates in enterprise settings...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I dont really understand this. Can I update my BIOS with this, like with the app on windows?

Comment

I didn't see any updates for my hardware for far... and I don't think I use exotic hardware.

Comment

Originally posted by adelpozoman View Post
        I dont really understand this. Can I update my BIOS with this, like with the app on windows?
        Yes, that's exactly what is it for (actually it can update firmware in other components too).

Comment

Automatic like apt, or should I tell it to update BIOS?

Comment

Working...
          X