Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mesa 19.0 Released With Many Improvements To The Open-Source Vulkan/OpenGL Drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa 19.0 Released With Many Improvements To The Open-Source Vulkan/OpenGL Drivers

Phoronix: Mesa 19.0 Released With Many Improvements To The Open-Source Vulkan/OpenGL Drivers

Mesa 19.0 has finally been released! It's more than two weeks late, but it should be worth the wait given all the improvements in this quarterly feature update to this open-source graphics driver stack...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Have there been any benchmarks showing the impact of the Zen improvements? I'd be curious to see how much of a different that makes.

Comment

Padoka Stable hasn't even updated to 18.3.4 yet, any idea if there is a more active PPA for Debian-based distributions to get the latest stable mesa?

Comment

When you read an software update news and see no single update concerning your hardware... then it is time for upgrading it haha

Comment

with this all the components needed for freesync have an stable release, too bad it doesnt work on HDMI

Comment

Originally posted by Space Heater View Post
            Padoka Stable hasn't even updated to 18.3.4 yet, any idea if there is a more active PPA for Debian-based distributions to get the latest stable mesa?
            Paulo Dias works on the PPAs in his spare time. So you can be thankful that he makes this effort at all.

The stable PPA hasn't been updated in 6 weeks. That's true:
            -> https://launchpad.net/~paulo-miguel-...e/ubuntu/pkppa

The Unstable PPA was last updated just 5 days ago:
            -> https://launchpad.net/~paulo-miguel-...ve/ubuntu/mesa

Paulo Dias is still active. I wait until he has found time to update his stable PPA.

BTW - maybe it helps to donate a few dollars to the good Paulo ... he deserves it all times. That's why I recently donated something. As you can see on the linked PPA pages you can transfer some money here:
            -> https://www.paypal.me/padoka

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

Comment

Originally posted by KuJo View Post
              Paulo Dias works on the PPAs in his spare time. So you can be thankful that he makes this effort at all.

BTW - maybe it helps to donate a few dollars to the good Paulo ... he deserves it all times.
              Why would I donate for a PPA that I don't use, that doesn't get updated?

Comment

You guys need to get up to speed with AUR packages and use Antergos or something. 99% of this is automatable, and it's not even difficult if you put in a few hours making a pkgbuild. PPA's are complete trash, at best, unless it's a terrible PC you don't compile code on. But even then, just run the stable versions and wait.

Comment

full mesa stack takes a very long time to compile
                  Haha, i wouldn't 6 -7 min call a very long time.
                  and can be difficult to produce 32-bit libraries especially.
                  Haha, only for MSC software develpoers.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Heater View Post

Why would I donate for a PPA that I don't use, that doesn't get updated?
                    Your question about an alternative to the Padoka PPA implies that you would use the PPA if it were updated. That would be a good reason, for example. Otherwise I don't understand why you ask for it.

But as it is ... there are people who find the work of a "free developer" valuable. And others don't.

And I don't think it will be updated any further. As I said Paulo Dias on Mesa 19.1 is still active for the unstable PPA. With the release of Mesa 19.0 it won't take long until the stable PPA is updated.

I also have to say that in a "free project" you can't talk about "won't be updated anymore" if nothing has happened since 6 weeks and the changes since the last update are very very marginal.

The current state of the Stable PPA is 18.3.3 ... up to the yesterday released 19.0 only the intermediate step 18.3.4 is missing. Can you seriously claim that the PPA is not up to date with this small gap?

-> https://www.mesa3d.org/relnotes.html
                    -> https://www.mesa3d.org/relnotes/18.3.4.html

Comment

Working...
                    X