NVIDIA Jetson Nano: A Feature-Packed Arm Developer Kit For $99 USD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA Jetson Nano: A Feature-Packed Arm Developer Kit For $99 USD

Phoronix: NVIDIA Jetson Nano: A Feature-Packed Arm Developer Kit For $99 USD

One of the most interesting announcements out of NVIDIA's 2019 GTC conference is the introduction of the Jetson Nano, NVIDIA's latest Arm developer board featuring a Tegra SoC. This developer board is very different from the past Jetson boards in that it's aiming for a very affordable price point: just $99 USD.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Interesting, i'd be interested to know whether this gpu is faster than mali g76 mp12.

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
      and the video encode/decode is rated for 4K60 with up to eight 1080p30 HEVC decode streams of 4K30 4x 1080p30 HEVC encodes.
      What?

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

What?
        LOL, yeah, no kidding. Maybe it was supposed to be either 1x 4K60 HEVC decode or 8x 1080p30 HEVC decode streams. And either 1x 4K30 HEVC encode or 4x 1080p30 HEVC encodes.

Not sure the encode and decode can run at the same time, but I'm pretty sure they were trying to say you could do the one 4K decode/encode or the 1080p30 ones.

Comment

Thanks for the article - exactly what I've been looking for. Just ordered 1 from NVIDIA's store. Expected ship date is "end of March".

Comment

Looks like a good board, but I wish it had an amd gpu though. Too bad they're not really into this market. Intel and Nvidia getting all the candy

Comment

I wonder if Nvidia realizes just how much their logo looks like a snail. They'd probably say nautilus, but I'd say snail.

Comment

> Feature packed
                > NVIDIA
                > It's all prorpietary 😢

see you next time

Comment

109euro across the pond...delivery time 16weeks....meh

Comment

Same issue with re-clocking like the big GPUs, or is this stripped down enough for a SOC to have some simpler to administer voltage/clockrate regulation for the whole chip?

Comment

Working...
                    X