Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Quick Graphics/Game Tests With GNOME 3.32 On Clear Linux

Phoronix: Some Quick Graphics/Game Tests With GNOME 3.32 On Clear Linux

For about one week already Intel's rolling-release Clear Linux distribution has been shipping with GNOME 3.32. Here are some quick graphics and gaming benchmarks comparing GNOME 3.30.2 to 3.32.0...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    but regressing in the Wavlet Volume sub-test.

Comment

Any difference on the memory footprint between 3.30 and 3.32?

Comment

While not providing a difference in games, 3.32 provides a massive difference on desktop. When I added two 4k monitors to my 2016 MBP 3.30 was completely unusable and I had to go to KDE, but with 3.32 I could change back and it even feels a bit snappier than KDE did. I'm still displeased with the performance though. While scrolling or navigating around the cursor doesn't hit 100% CPU usage anymore, browsing or changing files (any bigger screen updates really) still hits 100%, spins up the fan and then causes the CPU to throttle due to heat.

Comment

I use Gnome extensions. I have to sadly state that many of my extensions (Gnome 3.28) no longer work. I even adjusted each's *.json file to include 3.32 as a release. I will have to wait for my preferred extensions to be upgraded before I make any switch.

Comment

Working...
          X