NVIDIA 418.56 Linux Driver Released With GeForce MX230 / MX250 Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA 418.56 Linux Driver Released With GeForce MX230 / MX250 Support

Phoronix: NVIDIA 418.56 Linux Driver Released With GeForce MX230 / MX250 Support

Out for GDC week is the NVIDIA 418.56 Linux driver as the latest stable update to their current long-lived driver release branch...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

According nvidia json file:

{
    "file_format_version" : "1.0.0",
    "ICD": {
    "library_path": "__NV_VK_ICD__",
    "api_version" : "1.1.95"
    }
    }

Comment

Good to see some work is going into the gsync/vrr support. I would like to see it work with compositing and window mode, and maybe sometime down the line even when secondary monitors are plugged in.

Also nvidia-settings still resets the .rc config file when opened up, even if it reads the rc file and imports the settings correctly it will reset the file to defaults (annoying if you have custom color presets)

Comment

Any indication of underclocking with more than 200MHz? My MX150-T480 would like that, as it's EC trips general overheating at 76-77C, whereas the driver has a 90+C slowdown temperature (which I can't change). In Windows it runs at 1400MHz and gets down to 1100MHz at 70C, but linux driver keeps it at 1600MHz until the trip point, where it stays at 400MHz until reboot (not to mention CPU @200MHz, but I found ways to override that).

Comment

Grrrrrrrrrrr! Every 2 or 3 driver releases since I have been on pascal there has been the same damn performance regression in games Rise of The Tomb Raider and Shadow of Mordor. Always stuttering keep having to roll back to 410.94. It takes them 3 releases as always to clear up the same stutter issue. So for ever 3 driver releases there is only one that does not stutter on the games. Can really annoy me when trying new drivers. It does not matter if I build the driver from the blob or install drivers from pacman.

I'm whopping NVIDIA over the head with a big fat herring for this, NVIDIA come on man! Pay attention!
          Last edited by creative; 24 March 2019, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X