Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DiRT 4 Now Available For Linux, Racing Game Powered By Vulkan

Phoronix: DiRT 4 Now Available For Linux, Racing Game Powered By Vulkan

As expected, Feral Interactive has officially released the DiRT 4 racing game for macOS and Linux this morning...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Any news on Shadow of the Tomb Raider?

Comment

i have a wireless xbox controller and a logitech g27 wheel. none of these work on Linux right?

Comment

Originally posted by JeansenVaars View Post
        i have a wireless xbox controller and a logitech g27 wheel. none of these work on Linux right?
        I'm currently playing the previous Dirt Rally with my G27, it's fully supported. I can't tell for the Xbox controller as I have a Steam Controller, but I wouldn't be surprised if it also works out of the box.

Comment

Wrong.

For all those people who find it more convenient to bother you with their question rather than to Google it for themselves.

For all those people who find it more convenient to bother you with their question rather than to Google it for themselves.

Comment

My Logitech G29 arrives on Monday! Can't wait for some rally fun.

Comment

Both should work. I use wireless xbox controller, and Thrustmaster T500RS. Most of the controllers just show up as HID devices over USB, and generic driver usually deals with them well. Some extra features, like force feedback, lights, etc, require special drivers or extensions.

I believe G27 will actually work very well out of the box, and only things like sensitivity adjustements might require some extra driver, but some games might be handling this on its own. As far as I know G27 has standard generic driver and extensions in mainline kernel.

Check https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php...h_Racing_Wheel

Comment

Don't underestimate the controller support on GNU/Linux. It's actually much better than Windows since it's not tied to MS who mostly just tries to support their own stuff.

Playstation controller on Windows: Not working without third party software
                Playstation controller on GNU/Linux: Plug n play

Comment

Xbox controller is supported for a while now. PS3 controller even before that. The steam controller is in the newer kernels

Comment

Originally posted by lucrus View Post
                    Wrong.

Thank you for considering me an inferior being, but if you do more than just google...

Originally posted by [URL
                    https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Gamepad[/URL]] Connect Xbox Wireless Controller with Microsoft Xbox Wireless Adapter

It does not work on Linux.
                    And G27 is a mess to calibrate it seems, let see...

Comment

Working...
                    X