No announcement yet.

Unreal Engine 4.22 Released With Refactored Rendering Code, Other Improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unreal Engine 4.22 Released With Refactored Rendering Code, Other Improvements

Phoronix: Unreal Engine 4.22 Released With Refactored Rendering Code, Other Improvements

Epic Games today released Unreal Engine 4.22 and while they continue to support Vulkan and offer native Linux support, this engine update is more exciting this time around on the Windows side...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    C++ iteration time improvements, virtua;

Comment

C++ iteration times are the important one for me. I believe they have integrated Live++ into it in order to make the compile times barable.

But C++ is still the way forward for me, Blueprint and scripting languages are just a pain in the butt to create bindings for.

I would be very interested in seeing something like CERN's cling (LLVM based) interpreter running for debug builds. Would avoid pointless scripting layers and in Release profiles could be compiled 100% native instead!

Comment

Originally posted by kpedersen View Post
        C++ iteration times are the important one for me. I believe they have integrated Live++ into it in order to make the compile times barable.

But C++ is still the way forward for me, Blueprint and scripting languages are just a pain in the butt to create bindings for.
        Visual programming languages also just suck in general. Much faster and easier to work with text.

Comment

Originally posted by Luke_Wolf View Post

Visual programming languages also just suck in general. Much faster and easier to work with text.
          Visual programming languages? What are these?

Comment

Originally posted by Buntolo View Post

LabVIEW for example.

Comment

Originally posted by Luke_Wolf View Post

Agreed. The most "Visual" I will get is Microsoft Visual C++ harhar

This sounded funnier in my head :/

Comment

Originally posted by Buntolo View Post

Also Simulink from Mathworks; and Xcos from Scilab...

Comment

Working...
                X