Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GZDoom 4.0 Released With Experimental Vulkan Renderer

Phoronix: GZDoom 4.0 Released With Experimental Vulkan Renderer

GZDoom, one of the actively maintained open-source ports of the original Doom game, reached version 4.0 support this weekend with an initial Vulkan renderer in tow...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

No kidding its experimental, look at one second into e1m1😛

Comment

It is available already in Arch Linux AUR. Played several levels with Vulkan enabled and it works well, only if I enable too many graphical options that there are graphical glitches. I really like to see Vulkan support in these old games :-)

Comment

I wonder if this will help with those wads with hundreds on enemies on screen.

Comment

Originally posted by zanny View Post
          No kidding its experimental, look at one second into e1m1😛
          That's map01, not e1m1.

But awesome to see this happening.
          Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

Originally posted by Aeder View Post
            I wonder if this will help with those wads with hundreds on enemies on screen.
            not likely.

the core problem with doom engine is that it's in few critical sections single threaded by design. there were numerous attempts to parallelize it, and afaik to no avail. to the best of my knowledge nobody came up with a solution there.

vulkan might shave some overhead, maybe some framerate improvement will be there.

Comment

Working...
            X