Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lutris 0.5.2 Released With Various Improvements For Linux Gaming

Phoronix: Lutris 0.5.2 Released With Various Improvements For Linux Gaming

Released at the start of February was Lutris 0.5 with a much improved GTK3 user interface, GOG.com integration, and other improvements to this open-source Linux game manager that works from Wine-based games to Steam and various other offerings. Lutris 0.5.2 is now out with the latest set of improvements on top...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Linux Utility To Run Interactive Software

Comment

I consider Lutris to be one of the most important programs on Linux. There's nothing it can't do that I can't do manually, but Lutris just makes it so easy to get programs configured with so many features that I have no need to write my own custom launch scripts any more. Looking forward to further updates and improvements.

Hopefully I'll have time to try and get Assassin's Creed Origins up and running this week. Picked it up with this month's Humble. Using Lutris, I got Uplay going with DXVK last night and I'm going to download the game while I'm at work today. Can't beat a one-click install script that pulls in custom Wine builds, winetricks dependencies, and more. It should be playable according to the DXVK git issue tracker.

On a side note, a Phoronix Linux Gaming Bundle would be a cool one to see. Nothing but Linux games with a benchmark function

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
        I consider Lutris to be one of the most important programs on Linux. There's nothing it can't do that I can't do manually, but Lutris just makes it so easy to get programs configured with so many features that I have no need to write my own custom launch scripts any more. Looking forward to further updates and improvements.

Hopefully I'll have time to try and get Assassin's Creed Origins up and running this week. Picked it up with this month's Humble. Using Lutris, I got Uplay going with DXVK last night and I'm going to download the game while I'm at work today. Can't beat a one-click install script that pulls in custom Wine builds, winetricks dependencies, and more. It should be playable according to the DXVK git issue tracker.

On a side note, a Phoronix Linux Gaming Bundle would be a cool one to see. Nothing but Linux games with a benchmark function
        Excellent tutorial and very well explained!

Comment

Working...
        X