The RadeonSI/RADV Linux Gaming Performance With Ubuntu 19.04 vs. 18.10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The RadeonSI/RADV Linux Gaming Performance With Ubuntu 19.04 vs. 18.10

Phoronix: The RadeonSI/RADV Linux Gaming Performance With Ubuntu 19.04 vs. 18.10

With Ubuntu 19.04 due for release next week, here is a look at how the AMD Radeon Linux gaming performance is looking out-of-the-box on the Ubuntu 19.04 "Disco Dingo" compared to the current Ubuntu 18.10 release.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Typos:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    that is benchmarkf-riendly and its performance came out slightly ahead on the RX Vega 546 while
    Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Teseract, the
    What's up with the wallpaper? It doesn't look like a dingo...

Comment

The number of regressions is rather worrying for "work"loads, especially the number of opengl regressions, given AMD is unlikely to release Pro drivers for 19.04.

Comment

Good, Vulkan performance is improving. Look forward to the next AMD-Nvidia comparison article including the Radeon 7.

hope somebody from AMD can look into that paraview regression.

Comment

I've might have noticed the same things on Manjaro if I hadn't been playing Vulkan only stuff lately. Makes me wonder if a combination of more native Vulkan games combined with DXVK means less people are playing OpenGL games to report bugs or regressions.

Comment

Working...
          X