Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNOME Shell & Mutter 3.32.1 Released With Many Fixes

Phoronix: GNOME Shell & Mutter 3.32.1 Released With Many Fixes

While missing the GNOME 3.32.1 point release that shipped last week, GNOME Shell and Mutter today experienced their 3.32.1 updates with a variety of fixes...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Is the reference to 3.31.1 a typo that should be 3.33.1?

Comment

I currently use a Git version of Mutter a couple of weeks ago. I ran into problems with applications such as Firefox not being in focus until I click in the browser. What I mean is, if I open Firefox from the dock and do Ctrl+L to bring the address bar to focus, the browser didn't respond. If I Alt+Tab assuming Firefox is the only browser, then Firefox is in focus. I will switch from the Git version to stable version of Mutter soon.

Comment

Originally posted by GraysonPeddie View Post
        I currently use a Git version of Mutter a couple of weeks ago. I ran into problems with applications such as Firefox not being in focus until I click in the browser. What I mean is, if I open Firefox from the dock and do Ctrl+L to bring the address bar to focus, the browser didn't respond. If I Alt+Tab assuming Firefox is the only browser, then Firefox is in focus. I will switch from the Git version to stable version of Mutter soon.
        i've the same problem but only with gnome applications... initially i had this problem only on Xorg... but now seems that i've this problem only on wayland xD

EDIT: after this update seems that the problem is disappeared
        Last edited by Dea1993; 18 April 2019, 02:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dea1993 View Post

i've the same problem but only with gnome applications... initially i had this problem only on Xorg... but now seems that i've this problem only on wayland xD

Known issue afaik with newly launched applications not taking focus. I think there's a fix for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dea1993 View Post

Heisenbug?

Comment

I was really surprised how good the performance was with 3.32 on xorg. But the Wayland session not getting the latest bunch of improvements was a shame, Heroes of the Storm is unplayable while it works totally fine on KWin Wayland.

Comment

Originally posted by nanonyme View Post

Heisenbug?
                It was fixed: https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/mutter/issues/505

Comment

Will this poor iGPU support the new requirements for Mutter?

Code:
                  ~$ glxinfo | grep "version"
                  server glx version string: 1.4
                  client glx version string: 1.4
                  GLX version: 1.4
                      Max core profile version: 3.3
                      Max compat profile version: 3.0
                      Max GLES1 profile version: 1.1
                      Max GLES[23] profile version: 3.0
                  OpenGL core profile version string: 3.3 (Core Profile) Mesa 18.3.6
                  OpenGL core profile shading language version string: 3.30
                  OpenGL version string: 3.0 Mesa 18.3.6
                  OpenGL shading language version string: 1.30
                  OpenGL ES profile version string: OpenGL ES 3.0 Mesa 18.3.6
                  OpenGL ES profile shading language version string: OpenGL ES GLSL ES 3.00

Comment

Originally posted by Konstantin A. View Post
                    Will this poor iGPU support the new requirements for Mutter?

[CODE]~$ glxinfo | grep "version"
                    OpenGL core profile version string: 3.3 (Core Profile) Mesa 18.3.6
                    OpenGL ES profile version string: OpenGL ES 3.0 Mesa 18.3.6
                    Either one of the versions quoted above would do so you are good to go. It takes a *very* old GPU to be out of support.

Comment

Working...
                    X