Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stable Steam Client Gets Vulkan Pipeline Collection, Better NTFS, Steam Play Fixes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stable Steam Client Gets Vulkan Pipeline Collection, Better NTFS, Steam Play Fixes

Phoronix: Stable Steam Client Gets Vulkan Pipeline Collection, Better NTFS, Steam Play Fixes

On Wednesday night Valve issued their latest stable Steam client update and carries much of the work we've seen out of their recent beta releases...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

This wasn't the first time the 0-byte download issue came up. The issue was really obnoxious before the last time they fixed it, where now I might only see one or 2 games with the issue. I'm just glad to see the problem entirely eliminated.
    Back when I was still dual-booting with Windows, the improved NTFS support would've been real nice.

Comment

Nice! I was hit by that 0byte thing, but didn't look into it. Now I know, cool.

EDIT: Btw, Proton is freakin awesome, every title I play regularly is running flawlessly. And even many free to play titles available on Steam are playing flawlessly. Simply put it's -THEE- best gaming experience I ever had on Linux.
      Last edited by duby229; 18 April 2019, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
        Back when I was still dual-booting with Windows, the improved NTFS support would've been real nice.
        It's one of the reasons that made it easier for me to quit dual-booting again. I was Linux only from around 2001 to 2017...only installed 10 because my PC came with a 7 sticker with a valid key on it . 10 being a damn annoyance just for some games made it really easy to go back to being Linux-only.

I'm really glad about that download fix . It really annoys the shit out of me waiting for that crap to finish before launching my games .

Comment

FYI the 0-byte download issue still exists, just not as bad as before. The more windows games you have installed on linux the more it will crop up. If you aren't seeing the issue you aren't testing enough games on proton. ;-)

Comment

Working...
          X