Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Valve's Proton 4.2-3 Released With Wine-Mono Integration Plus DXVK 1.0.3, Updated FAudio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valve's Proton 4.2-3 Released With Wine-Mono Integration Plus DXVK 1.0.3, Updated FAudio

Phoronix: Valve's Proton 4.2-3 Released With Wine-Mono Integration Plus DXVK 1.0.3, Updated FAudio

Following last month's Proton 4.2 for Steam Play that is derived from Wine 4.2 with many patches applied, Proton 4.2-3 has been released for the latest Windows gaming on Linux experience ahead of any Easter weekend gaming time...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I wonder if this makes Arkham Asylum easier to install.

Comment

This is getting so tasty that it's becoming the AWS of linux gaming. Pull people towards you by offering a working and feature-full environment and then they will stop even considering there's competition on the market, evne if it costs them more than the alternatives. Tbh, I've not even considered trying out Wine or alternatives for running games that Proton doesn't handle correctly yet. I just wait when Proton makes it work. It's probably not very opensource or linux friendly, but it does the job very well!

Comment

I tried with Lili: Child of Geos (requires Mono) and it just works.

Comment

AoE II <3

Comment

I look forward to the day when proton can initialize the battleye anti-cheat driver, it would really help for things like ARMA3 which for some reason always runs a very outdated linux experimental build which means its multiplayer support is not useful since everyone uses the latest version to host. Also ironically ARMA3 via proton is VERY fast performance, quite surprising to be honest!

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
              Do not use Proton....
              Because one game has graphical glitches and possible performance issues?

Comment

Do not use Proton. https://www.protondb.com/app/225540 Borked.
                Yeah, sure. Next day if I see a fly in my room I will demolish my house and live somewhere else.

Comment

Do not use Proton. https://www.protondb.com/app/225540 Borked.
                  Well yes there are some games that work just fine with Lutris and Wine, even protonified prefixes but under Steam fail to launch. Bit of a mystery.

Comment

Suggestion: Articles like this should always include a few examples of what games are affected and in what way.

Comment

Working...
                    X