Linux 5.1 Picking Up Keyboard Mappings For Full-Screen, Toggle Display Keys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 5.1 Picking Up Keyboard Mappings For Full-Screen, Toggle Display Keys

Phoronix: Linux 5.1 Picking Up Keyboard Mappings For Full-Screen, Toggle Display Keys

Coming as a late addition to the Linux 5.1 kernel are some long overdue keyboard key mappings for different functionality...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Hi,

I also have an HP Envy x360 15-cp0000na with Ryzen 7 2700u and Elan Touchscreen.
    Touchscreen functionality under linux is a random hit or miss. Sometimes after restart it works, most of the times it doesn't: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1644013

Comment

OffTopic:

I want to know what is the reasoning some distros use to disable touch-to-click by default. Redhat/Fedora does it, Kubuntu started doing it since last year. Is a giant pain in the ass to have to go to settings to enable something that should be on by default.

Comment

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post
        OffTopic:

I want to know what is the reasoning some distros use to disable touch-to-click by default. Redhat/Fedora does it, Kubuntu started doing it since last year. Is a giant pain in the ass to have to go to settings to enable something that should be on by default.
        Two words: accidental taps.

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

Two words: accidental taps.
          This is what the palm detection is for. I suspect that it was done because of the immature state of libinput, since this stupidity begun when it was adopted by default. KDE's touchpad module to this day doesn't have all the configuration options enabled for libinput as it have for xorg.

Comment

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post

This is what the palm detection is for. I suspect that it was done because of the immature state of libinput, since this stupidity begun when it was adopted by default. KDE's touchpad module to this day doesn't have all the configuration options enabled for libinput as it have for xorg.
            So palm detection prevents only one finger hitting the trackpad? YLSED!

Comment

I wonder if this will work with Corsair RGB keyboards.

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

So palm detection prevents only one finger hitting the trackpad? YLSED!
                If a person have a problem with a finger causing acidental clicks while operating a touchpad, they have a defective touchpad (looking at you Dell), or are so clumsy that they are better served with a mouse.

Using click button on a laptop is a retarded, unless you are one of those freaks that use a pointer on a business machine.

Comment

Working...
                X