Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Linux Gaming Performance & Benchmarks

Phoronix: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Linux Gaming Performance & Benchmarks

This week NVIDIA introduced the $149 USD Turing-powered GTX 1650 graphics card. On launch day I picked up the ASUS GeForce GTX 1650 4GB Dual-Fan Edition (Dual-GTX1650-O4G) graphics card for Linux testing and have out now the initial GTX 1650 Linux performance benchmarks under Ubuntu compared to an assortment of lower-end and older AMD Radeon and NVIDIA GeForce graphics cards.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Powerhung? Also:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    With high quality settings at 1080p, the ASUS GeForce GTX 650 was very much playable and the minimum frame-rate recorded at 91 FPS.

Comment

This launch is all what AMD needed to sell its inventory of Polaris cards before Navi arrives later in the summer.

Comment

Unfortunately the 570 is missing from the review. It's cheaper and faster than this.

Comment

Another round of outdated benchmarks. DXVK and VKD3D awaited. Feral's Tomb_Raider port and all others are from the D3D11 Renderer and not from the D3D12 one, so what exactly we do testing here?

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
            Unfortunately the 570 is missing from the review. It's cheaper and faster than this.
            I don't have and never had an RX 570.
            Michael Larabel
            https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by artivision View Post
              Another round of outdated benchmarks. DXVK and VKD3D awaited. Feral's Tomb_Raider port and all others are from the D3D11 Renderer and not from the D3D12 one, so what exactly we do testing here?
              They are the latest Linux ports. There are DXVK games tested like F1 2018 that meet our benchmark requirements.
              Michael Larabel

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

I don't have and never had an RX 570.
                Oh, I figured as much. I was just saying, usually Turing cards are great deals compared to AMD counterparts. Just not this one (and probably neither the upcoming 1650Ti).

Comment

Originally posted by artivision View Post
                  i thought that VKD3D (for dx12) is still incomplete/new
                  i am very pleased with these tests.

Comment

Originally posted by loganj View Post

i thought that VKD3D (for dx12) is still incomplete/new
                    i am very pleased with these tests.
                    It is, he is just trolling/complaining. AFAIK, VKD3D only runs few select basic things, none of which are benchmark-friendly games.
                    Michael Larabel

Comment

Working...
                    X