Fedora 30 Now Available With GNOME 3.32, Flicker-Free Boot, Zchunk Metadata

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedora 30 Now Available With GNOME 3.32, Flicker-Free Boot, Zchunk Metadata

Phoronix: Fedora 30 Now Available With GNOME 3.32, Flicker-Free Boot, Zchunk Metadata

Fedora 30 has managed to ship on time per its original release schedule and is packing globs of new features...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

hey.. where is the fedora 30 deepin spin iso? o.O i was waiting this release for this spin..

Comment

I thought that along with Fedora 30 will be available a spins Deepin and Budgie?

Comment

Originally posted by yro84 View Post
        hey.. where is the fedora 30 deepin spin iso? o.O i was waiting this release for this spin..
        I'm not sure if there's going to be a deepin spin. If one is created it should show up here:

Alternatively, just install Fedora 30 and then install the deepin desktop environment with:
        # dnf group install 'Deepin Desktop'

Comment

Fedora is Thrity
          The boot isn't dirty
          Wish y'all well
          Trolls will send this thread to hell

Comment

Red Hat and Micro$haft working with Ben & Jerrys and and McDonalds to make crappy software to ruin the linux desktop.

I tell you, I tell you.

Comment

Originally posted by Britoid View Post
              Red Hat and Micro$haft working with Ben & Jerrys and and McDonalds to make crappy software to ruin the linux desktop.

I tell you, I tell you.
              Especially with that evil plan of porting the Linux kernel to Windows

Comment

Originally posted by xpris View Post
                I thought that along with Fedora 30 will be available a spins Deepin and Budgie?
                There's a Deepin testing spin here. Couldn't find a Budgie spin.

Comment

Not bad, seems to be running fast enough. loginctl says it's running on wayland. Very smooth and stable video, impressive.

If I keep this on my system, Gnome needs to go. Wow, Gnome - this is like walking back into the dark ages of DE's. I forgot how impossible the default setup was to try to work in. Time to find mate or something sensible in the respository.

Comment

Originally posted by andyprough View Post
                    Not bad, seems to be running fast enough. loginctl says it's running on wayland. Very smooth and stable video, impressive.

If I keep this on my system, Gnome needs to go. Wow, Gnome - this is like walking back into the dark ages of DE's. I forgot how impossible the default setup was to try to work in. Time to find mate or something sensible in the respository.
                    We are constantly looking at ways to improve the GNOME user experience in Fedora, and we do look at user comments and reviews to gather feedback to use for future improvements. But for us to be able to do anything the feedback needs to be a lot more concrete and constructive than this, atm all one can deduce here is some weird contradictory statement of about the DE feeling old fashioned combined with a wish to switch to a desktop aiming to be more old fashioned.

Comment

Working...
                    X