Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DXVK 1.1.1 Released To Address The Recalled DXVK 1.1

Phoronix: DXVK 1.1.1 Released To Address The Recalled DXVK 1.1

At the start of April was the DXVK 1.1 release that offered many changes but it was eventually recalled over nasty bugs that entered the release. Now is the DXVK 1.1.1 to address that fallout...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I think the use of the 3rd party DXVK has pretty much become mandatory for D3D 10/11 games. I've noticed some games don't even render properly with Wine's D3D11 to OpenGL 4 translation but do with DXVK. It's faster and in many ways further advanced than Wine's own implementation.

Comment

Originally posted by Xaero_Vincent View Post
      I think the use of the 3rd party DXVK has pretty much become mandatory for D3D 10/11 games. I've noticed some games don't even render properly with Wine's D3D11 to OpenGL 4 translation but do with DXVK. It's faster and in many ways further advanced than Wine's own implementation.
      Implementing a high level API with another high level API is pretty difficulty, especially when they have quite large design differences.

Vulkan is as low as you can get with a unified API, so it turns out its great for building high level APIs on top of.

Comment

Originally posted by Xaero_Vincent View Post
        Lutris makes everything convenient..I'm loving it...

Wine's own d3d to GL translation is rather inefficient and often encounters performance regressions when updates. It cannot even implement many features of dx10/11 as you mentioned. Wined3d9 has mature functions but poor performance especially with high-detailed settings in some games.

BTW, the recent project d9vk is making rapid progress and is almost ready for many dx9 games. FPS has almost been tripled in some games like starcraft 2 compared with wined3d9. Considering that lower versions of DX are implemented quite well via dgvoodoo which runs almost flawless with dxvk, dx12 will soon be the last fort left.

Comment

Originally posted by v21cesc View Post
          Winetricks does things more convenient, i find lutris to fail to get many games working.

Comment

Originally posted by Nille_kungen View Post
            Winetricks does things more convenient, i find lutris to fail to get many games working.
            And Lutris cannot mannage my game library! I have 3 Steam accounts, so Lutris doesn't help me at all.

Comment

Originally posted by v21cesc View Post

Wine's own d3d to GL translation is rather inefficient and often encounters performance regressions when updates. It cannot even implement many features of dx10/11 as you mentioned. Wined3d9 has mature functions but poor performance especially with high-detailed settings in some games.

BTW, the recent project d9vk is making rapid progress and is almost ready for many dx9 games. FPS has almost been tripled in some games like starcraft 2 compared with wined3d9. Considering that lower versions of DX are implemented quite well via dgvoodoo which runs almost flawless with dxvk, dx12 will soon be the last fort left.
              DXVK is absolutly manadatory for any DX10/11 game now. In my experience D9VK works quite well already, almost 50% of my DX9 games showed no rendering issues, so it really looks promising!

Comment

Originally posted by R41N3R View Post

And Lutris cannot mannage my game library! I have 3 Steam accounts, so Lutris doesn't help me at all.
                About the only solution I can think of is to add all the games manually and to launch each game with the Steam login argument.

For example: +login R41N3R 1q2w3e4r

And then make sure you close Steam before starting a new game...because I don't have multiple accounts to actually test this out and I don't know if Steam will accept launch arguments while running.

Comment

Working...
                X