Linux 5.2 DRM Makes Icelake Production-Ready, Adds Lima & Panfrost Drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 5.2 DRM Makes Icelake Production-Ready, Adds Lima & Panfrost Drivers

Phoronix: Linux 5.2 DRM Makes Icelake Production-Ready, Adds Lima & Panfrost Drivers

The Direct Rendering Manager (DRM) subsystem and driver updates have now been submitted and merged for the in-development Linux 5.2 kernel...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Is anyone was able to get Lima actually render something on Armbian?

lima opensource driver for MALI GPU is tolked in many wiki, but there are almost no wiki about how to integrate it, or about the detail usability and how it compare with closed source MALI driver. and @superna9999 says "the ultimate focus is Lima" in https://github.com/superna9999/meson_gx_mali_4...

Comment

Originally posted by RussianNeuroMancer View Post
      Is anyone was able to get Lima actually render something on Armbian?
      Probably the systems it is tested on it works.
      But there are of course a lot of different SoC's with mali 400, starting with my galaxy S2 phones...
      So you have to be more specific.
      So I can reply you with no, I haven't even tried it, I am actually hoping someone will try it 8-D.

Comment

Originally posted by Ardje View Post
        So you have to be more specific.
        All details in post I linked to.

Comment

Originally posted by RussianNeuroMancer View Post

All details in post I linked to.
          Even in that link I can not find which SoC you are having problems with. Mali is used in a lot of SoC's, so to start off: is it amlogic, rockchip, samsung (very popular, especially the non exynos types), sunxi or whatever their name is.
          Ah, I see somewhere NanoPC - M1. The nano-pc is a samsung I think, the nanopi is an allwinner.
          So there is a NanoPC-T1 which is an exynos 4412 (very good), and there is a NanoPI-M1 which is an allwinner.
          Your dump looks a bit exynosy to me though.
          I will tell you again: you have to be more specific, because I think you made a booboo in your post: http://wiki.friendlyarm.com/wiki/ind...PC.2FPi_Series shows NanoPC-T1 and NanoPI-M1. Not a NanoPC-M1.
          So I can answer with: "ah, no haven't tried that yet".
          However if you are using the exynos, please stay in touch... I have an odroid-U3 and an odroid-U2 with exynos4412, and I think there are some 100 of them lying in a warehouse somewhere.
          Would be nice to test it out on them.

Comment

Originally posted by Ardje View Post
            I will tell you again: you have to be more specific, because I think you made a booboo in your post: http://wiki.friendlyarm.com/wiki/ind...PC.2FPi_Series shows NanoPC-T1 and NanoPI-M1. Not a NanoPC-M1.
            Oh, you are right here, it's NanoPi-M1. My assumption that there is something wrong with Lima kernel side, maybe it's kind of outdated in Armbian patches. But NanoPi-M1 is EOS in Armbian, so probably there is no point in creating support request, and I doesn't have anything else with Mali 400 to test it.

Comment

Pretty excited to have the mali drivers *and* vboxvideo mainlined. Out-of-tree Virtualbox drivers were massively annoying, and the Mali 400 is already a decade old. Things going mainline is one of my favorite progress indicators.

Comment

Originally posted by Baughman333
                Come on, seriously, what's the point of inserting random links to a dot???

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

Come on, seriously, what's the point of inserting random links to a dot???
                  They're always just link spam for SEO and can be removed entirely, especially when it's their first post and most commonly the theme is <some-name><two-or-three-digits> usernames.
                  Michael Larabel
                  https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
                  X