No announcement yet.

AMD Ryzen Threadripper Compiler Tuning/Optimization Benchmarks With GCC 9, PGO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Ryzen Threadripper Compiler Tuning/Optimization Benchmarks With GCC 9, PGO

Phoronix: AMD Ryzen Threadripper Compiler Tuning/Optimization Benchmarks With GCC 9, PGO

For those interested in compiler optimization/tuning with AMD Ryzen Threadripper hardware, here are some follow-up benchmarks to Tuesday's GCC 9 vs. Clang 8 C/C++ Compiler Performance On AMD Threadripper, Intel Core i9...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Benchmarking LTO and PGO without benchmarking them together is like benchmarking -march=native without -O3 or like comparing fries to burgers without including the combined taste or like tooth paste without tooth brush or ...
    Last edited by sdack; 16 May 2019, 07:33 AM.

Comment

edit: my bad, this was on the 8086K box, not the 2700X. Yesterday on the (...) box, I built gcc9 with -02 vs -03 profiled, and then gcc recompiled itself about 5-6% faster. I do need to retry this on the 2700X for reasons.
      Last edited by xorbe; 16 May 2019, 03:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X