Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clear Linux Is Beginning To Make Strides In The Industry From Alibaba To MontaVista

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clear Linux Is Beginning To Make Strides In The Industry From Alibaba To MontaVista

Phoronix: Clear Linux Is Beginning To Make Strides In The Industry From Alibaba To MontaVista

Of Intel's many open-source projects, taking a central role at this year's Intel Open-Source Technology Summit was Clear Linux. Most Intel open-source efforts mentioned during the event point back to Clear Linux in some capacity and at OSTS2019 we finally heard some of the companies that are beginning to make use of Clear Linux...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Phoronix Test Suite is all over Forbes magazine this week in their Clear Linux article: https://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonev...s-project/amp/

Forbes posted 16 PTS screenshots and gave Michael a shout-out. Who knew that Phoronix had become part of the mainstream press?

Comment

Originally posted by andyprough View Post
      Phoronix Test Suite is all over Forbes magazine this week in their Clear Linux article: https://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonev...s-project/amp/

Forbes posted 16 PTS screenshots and gave Michael a shout-out. Who knew that Phoronix had become part of the mainstream press?
      While nice, keep in mind those articles are just Forbes "blog network" and not Forbes itself, many people don't know there is a difference.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

While nice, keep in mind those articles are just Forbes "blog network" and not Forbes itself, many people don't know there is a difference.
        Looks to me like that author leaned pretty heavily on you to help figure out how to get all the tech working and to put his article together, Michael. Good that he gave you and Phoronix some credit.

Comment

It is only me who sees a strange parallel with the arrival of Clear Linux, and the recent "new" deisgn flaws in Intel CPU?
          I'm not particularly "conspirationist", but trying to get out the most of existing hardware because you know the meltdown/spectre/whatever we'll find again/ will hit hard the performance would seem "logical" from a company point of view ...

Comment

Originally posted by andyprough View Post

Looks to me like that author leaned pretty heavily on you to help figure out how to get all the tech working and to put his article together, Michael. Good that he gave you and Phoronix some credit.
            The way he wrote the article, makes me believe that he is a regular reader, maybe he has an account on the forum too?

Comment

Originally posted by andrei_me View Post

The way he wrote the article, makes me believe that he is a regular reader, maybe he has an account on the forum too?
              Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. I think he might be "debianxfce"!

Comment

Originally posted by ehansin View Post

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. I think he might be "debianxfce"!
                I don't know who he really his..
                But one thing I know, is that users privacy, is something very valuable to some users..

Its not nice to been pointing fingers all around to forum users..

Comment

Originally posted by tuxd3v View Post

I don't know who he really his..
                  But one thing I know, is that users privacy, is something very valuable to some users..

Its not nice to been pointing fingers all around to forum users..
                  It was a joke, because "debianxfce" is getting some flak around here lately, I will not judge if rightly or wrongly so. I guarantee you the Forbes page author is not "debianxfce". Also, I "wasn't thinking the same thing" to be quite honest. I just put two and two together, having a chuckle in my head, and logged on and posted it. It seemed funny to me at time. I agree, privacy matters, and apologizes to "debianxfce" for using him a tool in my silly joke.

Comment

Michael You do get a lot more press references since the Intel Spectre and Meltdown tracking + hardware leaks that you find from the Linux Kernel commits

Comment

Working...
                    X