No announcement yet.

Google Hired Another Linux Graphics Veteran To Work On Open-Source GPU Drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google Hired Another Linux Graphics Veteran To Work On Open-Source GPU Drivers

Phoronix: Google Hired Another Linux Graphics Veteran To Work On Open-Source GPU Drivers

Google has another experienced open-source graphics driver developer on its staff and could mean further Linux graphics ecosystem improvements...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Maybe he just likes trains.

Comment

The word you're looking for is "Engineer"

Comment

Where are the posts about Google sabotaging Linux? They actually managed to deal quite a lot of damage, and I hope they're backing off right now with their move to Fuschia.

Comment

Originally posted by hikingpete View Post
          The word you're looking for is "Engineer"
          yeah, it was an engineer joke.. possibly that doesn't translate well (is the US the only place a train driver is called an "engineer"?)

Comment

Maybe he was hired for Google's Fuchsia..

Comment

Maybe Google is interested in improving all graphics drivers on Linux in order to enable hardware acceleration and WebGL in Chrome on Linux.

Comment

Originally posted by robclark View Post

yeah, it was an engineer joke.. possibly that doesn't translate well (is the US the only place a train driver is called an "engineer"?)
                Is the UK the only place where the people that work on the actual train tracks and railroad signalling are called "engineers"?

If you watch a few BBC specials you will learn in the UK, or at least at the BBC, they use the term "engineers" to refer to the people that work on the tunnelling projects under London.

And no, jokes in the UK do not translate well to the USA, and even worse, the other way around.

"Two peoples separated by a common language"

Comment

Originally posted by sandy8925 View Post
                  Maybe he just likes trains.
                  Maybe he really does like trains.

Comment

Originally posted by robclark View Post

It looks like there called engineer in US and Canada, in England it's a train driver i think.
                    If i would translate my native tongue to english it would be locomotive driver.

I never thought about how different we call such a common job position and i never would if i hadn't read your post.

Comment

Working...
                    X