GL_MESA_EGL_sync Extension Proposed For The Khronos OpenGL Registry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GL_MESA_EGL_sync Extension Proposed For The Khronos OpenGL Registry

Phoronix: GL_MESA_EGL_sync Extension Proposed For The Khronos OpenGL Registry

GL_MESA_EGL_sync is a new OpenGL extension for extending EGL's KHR_fence_sync synchronization behavior into the desktop OpenGL space...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I don't want sync. I want VSync.

(unless I somehow can retrieve a sync object for the display)

Comment

Upward and Onward....I guess. I would have thought Android would have kicked this OpenGles to the curb in favor of an actual OpenGL Driver, making EGL unnecessary. When Android was new, it lacked the hardware to make it doable, that has changed drastically . With all the arm based sbc's making it happen, I would have thought Qualcomm, Mediatek, etc. would have got with the program . Cmon Freedreno ! Just think how much nicer life would be not having to write 10 times the shaders and draw graphics calls through egl . Its not the state of Androids graphical capacity that deter developers its this so called "easier"(for who?) library.

Comment

Working...
      X