Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More AMDGPU Radeon Graphics Code Is Getting Ready For Linux 5.3

Phoronix: More AMDGPU Radeon Graphics Code Is Getting Ready For Linux 5.3

While eagerly looking out for the Navi/RDNA enablement for the upcoming Radeon RX 5700 / RX 5700XT graphics cards, which should be out soon, in the mean time some other work-in-progress code has been queued as additional material that will make it for the Linux 5.3 cycle...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

That HMM support certainly does sound pretty interesting, I wonder how well it is going to work!

Comment

phoronix
      Dear Michael, what do you mean by Raven Ridge "Raven1" refresh devices?
      I don't know of any refresh for Raven Ridge, do you mean "Raven 2" or Picasso?

Comment

Originally posted by Go_Vulkan View Post
        phoronix
        Dear Michael, what do you mean by Raven Ridge "Raven1" refresh devices?
        I don't know of any refresh for Raven Ridge, do you mean "Raven 2" or Picasso?
        I am relaying what was said in the commit, they were called Raven1 Refresh. But without specifying PCI IDs, didn't see it indicate if it was Raven 2 or Picasso or even something else.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

I hope they've fixed the bug where running a Radeon VII with more than one high resolution monitor freezes the system.
          Last edited by Tom B; 15 June 2019, 12:28 PM.

Comment

I'd give anything for Radeon VII to get fixed so that I can run my dual 4Ks. I've been stuck on 5.0.0-rc6 for what seems like forever due to whatever regression was introduced by at least 5.1... Fortunately, I don't _need_ newer than 5.0.0-rc6 at this moment but I'm really bothered that this regression hasn't been resolved in the past several months.

Comment

Working...
            X