No announcement yet.

The Newest Wacom Intuos Pro Small Drawing Tablet To Be Supported By Linux 5.3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Newest Wacom Intuos Pro Small Drawing Tablet To Be Supported By Linux 5.3

Phoronix: The Newest Wacom Intuos Pro Small Drawing Tablet To Be Supported By Linux 5.3

Wacom's second-generation Intuos Pro Small digital drawing tablet will be supported by the upcoming Linux 5.3 kernel...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Great to see HW companies supporting Linux. With kernel support, does it mean it works automagically with all apps, or only dedicated apps with Tablet support such as Krita?

Comment

This is why I picked a Wacom drawing tablet years ago when I started taking notes in Xournal.

Comment

Originally posted by Djhg2000 View Post
        This is why I picked a Wacom drawing tablet years ago when I started taking notes in Xournal.
        I didn't know that Wacom added support for their tablets themselves. That is indeed a good reason to get one over a competing product.

Comment

Originally posted by w0wt1p View Post
          Great to see HW companies supporting Linux. With kernel support, does it mean it works automagically with all apps, or only dedicated apps with Tablet support such as Krita?
          I don't know whether this specific tablet supports touch input, but generally speaking, tablets are pointing devices that provide some additional data, like pen pressure. You could use a graphic tablet as a replacement for a mouse if you really wanted.

Comment

Originally posted by DoMiNeLa10 View Post

I don't know whether this specific tablet supports touch input, but generally speaking, tablets are pointing devices that provide some additional data, like pen pressure. You could use a graphic tablet as a replacement for a mouse if you really wanted.
            Indeed, I did that recently, due to a lack of desk space. Still rocking my original blueberry Graphire USB 4x5" from two decades ago! 😸

Comment

Lol, wawcom intuos pro small, what is wacom even thinking? I mean sure ok this is obviously marketing but just about every professional artist should know that small tablets are bad. If you don't get medium or larger you're putting yourself needlessly at risk for repetitive strain injuries and limiting yourself from the ability to use proper arm utilization/drawing techniques.

Comment

Originally posted by rabcor View Post
                Lol, wawcom intuos pro small, what is wacom even thinking? I mean sure ok this is obviously marketing but just about every professional artist should know that small tablets are bad. If you don't get medium or larger you're putting yourself needlessly at risk for repetitive strain injuries and limiting yourself from the ability to use proper arm utilization/drawing techniques.
                The small models are actually quite good for engineers and engineering students wanting to annotate PDFs every now and then.

Comment

Originally posted by Djhg2000 View Post

The small models are actually quite good for engineers and engineering students wanting to annotate PDFs every now and then.
                  If you're only using it for writing? Sure, but you don't need the expensive as shit pro wacom models for that kind of stuff, hell you can even get a model that doesn't have pressure sensitivity for this. This is sold and marketed as a drawing tablet, not a writing and annotation tablet.

Comment

Originally posted by rabcor View Post

If you're only using it for writing? Sure, but you don't need the expensive as shit pro wacom models for that kind of stuff, hell you can even get a model that doesn't have pressure sensitivity for this. This is sold and marketed as a drawing tablet, not a writing and annotation tablet.
                    Sure, you can write without pressure sensitivity but from my experience that makes the writing about as readable as if it was written in crayon. I can't speak specifically for the pro model since I haven't tried it but don't underestimate the value of a good writing pen, especially when it's one of your primary tools.

Heck, I've even used the same model pencil (one of the clicky lead rod models) since 2013 and I have them in both 0.5 and 0.9 for different situations.

Basically it's a quality of life thing. I don't need a better pen, I just want a better pen.

Comment

Working...
                    X