Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DXVK 1.2.2 Brings Minor CPU Overhead Optimizations, Game Fixes

Phoronix: DXVK 1.2.2 Brings Minor CPU Overhead Optimizations, Game Fixes

In time for those planning to spend some time this weekend gaming, DXVK lead developer Philip Rebohle announced the release of DXVK 1.2.2 that will hopefully soon be integrated as part of a Proton update for Steam Play but right now can be built from source...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Very positive. DXVK changes my imagination of "dead ends" totally.

Comment

DXVK combined with D9VK allowed me to replace the dead end WineD3D already to 95% Just today I got some DX8 and older games working with dgvoodoo2 and DXVK, so there is almost no game left where I need WineD3D
      Last edited by R41N3R; 15 June 2019, 09:30 AM.

Comment

What a pleasant coincidence. The Witcher 3 is having a 70% sale on Steam right now so I know what I'll be doing this weekend. 🤓

Edit: No, I usually do not throw money at non-native games, but there are exceptions and Steam Play is quite amazing.
        Last edited by Brisse; 15 June 2019, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by R41N3R View Post
          DXVK combined with D9VK allowed me to replace the dead end WineD3D already to 95%
          Why do you use D9VK instead of Gallium Nine with your AMD GPU?
          Playing Oblivion with Nine currently, and it seems to work like a charm (with some precautions done). Since the AMD D3D9 Windows driver doesn't have a shader cache, it runs even better than natively.

Comment

Originally posted by aufkrawall View Post
            Playing Oblivion with Nine currently, and it seems to work like a charm (with some precautions done). Since the AMD D3D9 Windows driver doesn't have a shader cache, it runs even better than natively.
            Are you running Nine simple? - There are no Wine-staging-nine packages for Tumbleweed any longer. Have to ping the openSUSE maintainers for enable it, again.

Comment

Michael Maybe it is time for a Gallium Nine vs D9VK vs DXVK vs WineD3D showdown benchmark session?

Comment

nuetzel Yeah, I use the -git PKGBUILD from the AUR (stable is in Arch repo though) and simply symlink it into the prefix. That way also Steam overlay still works. Luckily Steam runs well with wine-staging 4.10.

Comment

Originally posted by aufkrawall View Post
                  My driver experience with RADV was always great, it is extremly stable even when using Mesa-git. At some point I want my machine to be Vulkan only

Comment

are there any alternatives to wine? or wine is the only software to run windows apps?

Comment

Working...
                    X