Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Quick Look At The Debian 10.0 Buster vs. Debian 9.9 Performance

Phoronix: A Quick Look At The Debian 10.0 Buster vs. Debian 9.9 Performance

With Debian 10 "Buster" due to be releasing in early July, I've begun testing the near-final Buster images on various systems. Here is a look at a common Intel Core i7 system comparing the current performance of Debian 10.0 to the current stable 9.9 release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Thanks for providing these benchmarks, Debian is my to go system for servers.

On side note, the new design for result scores is confusing for smaller mobile devices, I hope you guys can improve it somehow or provide the classic/alternative view as a option.

Comment

Originally posted by Kjell View Post
      Thanks for providing these benchmarks, Debian is my to go system for servers.

On side note, the new design for result scores is confusing for smaller mobile devices, I hope you guys can improve it somehow or provide the classic/alternative view as a option.
      If you click on the openbenchmarking.org link you can view all the normal graphs.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Almost be more useful to start using AMD for the standard benchmarks since Intel is such a disaster. Not really getting terribly useful comparisons on Intel.

Comment

Thanks. Could you clarify why 10/buster has greater CPU protection than an updated 9.9/stretch?
          I supposed they should both have full protection.

Comment

Working...
          X