Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Panfrost Gallium3D Driver Continues Speeding Ahead For Open-Source Mali Graphics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panfrost Gallium3D Driver Continues Speeding Ahead For Open-Source Mali Graphics

Phoronix: Panfrost Gallium3D Driver Continues Speeding Ahead For Open-Source Mali Graphics

Panfrost only made its initial debut as part of the recent Mesa 19.1 release for providing open-source Arm Mali Bifrost/Midgard graphics driver support on Linux independent of Arm and their official binary driver. While the resources are limited, so far Panfrost is making stellar progress...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I would be quite interested in seeing Freedreno vs blob performance comparison. I'm actually curious about all mobile drivers, but that's probably not feasible to benchmark. Freedreno seems to be the most mature open-source mobile driver, and it'd be interesting to know where it stands at least.

Comment

looks like in a few years all those allwinners will get gpu driver

Comment

Michael do you currently have any hardware that you can use to benchmark this?

Comment

Originally posted by boxie View Post
          Odroid N2 might be good for testing Panfrost with?

Comment

Originally posted by polarathene View Post

Odroid N2 might be good for testing Panfrost with?
            they don't support arm mali bifrost(in odroid N2) for now
            but only midgard( in odroid XU3/4)

Comment

Anything with a RK3228 would be a good pick, I believe he has an Asus Tinkerbox

Comment

Not sure, at least not anything with a rather fast Arm chip.
                Michael Larabel
                https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by miskol View Post

they don't support arm mali bifrost(in odroid N2) for now
                  but only midgard( in odroid XU3/4)
                  Mainline support with the 5.2 kernel. Depends how much of a rush you're in to benchmark I guess.

Michael has responded since mentioning a fast Arm chip, so it should be a good option no?

Comment

Originally posted by polarathene View Post
                    Mainline support with the 5.2 kernel. Depends how much of a rush you're in to benchmark I guess.
                    Michael has responded since mentioning a fast Arm chip, so it should be a good option no?
                    You mean mainline support for the exynos, or for the amlogic? I would expect mainline support for the exynos, but amlogic usually has so many hurdles to take.

Comment

Working...
                    X