Ubuntu To Provide Select 32-Bit Packages For Ubuntu 19.10 & 20.04 LTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ubuntu To Provide Select 32-Bit Packages For Ubuntu 19.10 & 20.04 LTS

Phoronix: Ubuntu To Provide Select 32-Bit Packages For Ubuntu 19.10 & 20.04 LTS

It looks like my info from this weekend was accurate, "I'm hearing that Canonical may revert course and provide limited 32-bit support." Canonical issued a statement today that they indeed will provide "selected" 32-bit packages for the upcoming Ubuntu 19.10 as well as Ubuntu 20.04 LTS...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

what a soapy drama...

Comment

Oh, what's this?

That's right - that's precisely 2 of my ideas coming to fruition, that others said wasn't possible or likely. "Hurr durr you don't understand what you're talking about". Turns out, I really did.

Damn it feels good to be right sometimes.
      Last edited by schmidtbag; 24 June 2019, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Seems like a reasonable outcome to me.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
          Oh, what's this?

That's right - that's precisely several of my ideas coming to fruition, that others said wasn't possible or likely.

Damn it feels good to be right sometimes.
          Geto Boys - Damn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta (video) [Explicit] from 'Uncut Dope' (1992)🔔 Subscribe to UPROXX Video and ring the bell to turn on notificat...

Comment

hahahahaha
            i need popcorns.

Comment

A simple case of "he who has the money.....will have to come up with the solution"

And at the moment, Canonical has the money. I would love to see Wine apps come as a Snap or Flat.

Comment

Originally posted by edwaleni View Post
                A simple case of "he who has the money.....will have to come up with the solution"

And at the moment, Canonical has the money. I would love to see Wine apps come as a Snap or Flat.
                Canonical may have money but they don't make any themselves.

Comment

Sad really, I was hoping that Ubuntu would have displayed more backbone than this. There is no rational reason to be stuck with 32 bit support in a mainstream Linux implementation. No guys playing games is not a good reason to hold back the advancement of Linux. This is really bad for the public perception of Linux.

Comment

Seems like a good outcome. People get their legacy 32-bit application support and Ubuntu drops useless 32 bit packages like GCC/LLVM.

Comment

Working...
                    X