Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AMD Radeon Pro WX 3200 Announced As A Small Form Factor $199 USD Workstation Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Radeon Pro WX 3200 Announced As A Small Form Factor $199 USD Workstation Card

Phoronix: AMD Radeon Pro WX 3200 Announced As A Small Form Factor $199 USD Workstation Card

For those looking for a small form factor workstation-oriented graphics card or just a budget workstation GPU in general, AMD today announced the Radeon Pro WX 3200...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Nice to see something marketed as SFF and actually is, while having a good amount of outputs. So many of these products end up being too tall, dual-slot, or waste valuable space with DVI.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
      Nice to see something marketed as SFF and actually is, while having a good amount of outputs. So many of these products end up being too tall, dual-slot, or waste valuable space with DVI.
      Yeah, but it kind of sucks in regards to value since it's only slightly better than a 560 in some regards and worse in others.

Might as well buy a $170 8GB RX 570 with some games bundle to get better performance, twice the memory, less money, and some games in the process.

Comment

Great, another darn Polaris card.

And no 4:4:4, either.

Comment

The thing I care about these days, is support for graphics virtualization. Does anyone know if this card supports MxGPU on QEMU+KVM?

Comment

I wonder how AMD can support 8K displays on that card? As far as I am aware, DisplayPort DSC is not supported on Polaris or Vega. Or maybe they mean with multiple DisplayPort cables? If they don't mention this restriction in their marketing material that would be misleading.

Originally posted by jo-erlend View Post
            this card supports MxGPU on QEMU+KVM?
            If that feature is not listed on the product page, probably not.
            Too bad that AMD is not explicit in what this card doesn't support, but they usually never do for their products.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
              To be fair, it's basically the same as the older gen cards, it only has one additional displayport output.

These things are noisy though.

Comment

So, I've seen mixed reports from when the older WX2100 came out, that there may be driver issues on Linux. Is that pretty much sorted these days?

Comment

the 560 has 16 compute units, I think that the 550 also have 16 compute units . xfx does a SFF rx550

http://www.xfxforce.com/en-us/produc...s-rx-550p4tfg5
                  Last edited by Kayote; 02 July 2019, 12:23 PM.

Comment

560 (Baffin) die has 16 CU's, 550 (Lexa) die has 10 IIRC. The board you linked appears to have 8 CU's enabled.

Still, good to know there is a single-slot consumer Polaris out there... hadn't realized that, thanks !
                    Test signature

Comment

Working...
                    X