LLVM's RISC-V Compiler Back-End Looks To Go Official For 9.0 Release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LLVM's RISC-V Compiler Back-End Looks To Go Official For 9.0 Release

Phoronix: LLVM's RISC-V Compiler Back-End Looks To Go Official For 9.0 Release

LLVM's RISC-V CPU back-end has made immense progress over the past few years and now for the LLVM 9.0 release due out at the end of August or early September could become official...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I recently took a closer look at the RISCV ISA (Instruction Set Architecture) and it is indeed nicely done, with some clever tricks, I mostly liked what I found in the spec: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eE-FeFWG28w

Comment

The sad fact is that this support for CPU/SoCs coming from Berkeley missed the opportunity to be included in BSD-like licensed LLVM and will be included in Apache 2.0 based LLVM 9 which probably BSD* OSes will avoid -- at least in their base. And at least for some time... This sucks IMHO.

Comment

Working...
      X