Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mageia 7.1 Released With Systemd Fix For AMD Ryzen 3000 Systems

Phoronix: Mageia 7.1 Released With Systemd Fix For AMD Ryzen 3000 Systems

While Mageia 7 released at the start of July for this Mandrake/Mandriva-derived Linux distribution, out today is already Mageia 7.1 as a rush release to fix AMD Zen 2 support...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Speaking of Ryzen 3000 series. There is new RAM coming out from G.Skill (Trident Z Neo) that has those cheesy LEDs on by default, but it has quite good timing optimized for Ryzen 3000s. Is there any way to control those LEDs from Linux? It would be annoying to have a glowing RAM without any way to disable that, and G.Skill aren't sure if they'll release such RAM using simple heatsinks without all those LEDs.

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
      Speaking of Ryzen 3000 series. There is new RAM coming out from G.Skill (Trident Z Neo) that has those cheesy LEDs on by default, but it has quite good timing optimized for Ryzen 3000s. Is there any way to control those LEDs from Linux? It would be annoying to have a glowing RAM without any way to disable that, and G.Skill aren't sure if they'll release such RAM using simple heatsinks without all those LEDs.
      Those disgusting LEDs on memory cannot even be controlled on Windows, which is used by virtually all of those so-called 'hardware enthusiasts'. Don't even hope for a control mechanism on Linux to appear until a Windows version does.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonadow View Post

Those disgusting LEDs on memory cannot even be controlled on Windows, which is used by virtually all of those so-called 'hardware enthusiasts'. Don't even hope for a control mechanism on Linux to appear until a Windows version does.
        Those LEDs consume *a a lot of power* and almost blind you..

1) The Worst Solution..
        Put a black tape on them..
        2) The best Solution..
        cut them of...physically !!

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
          Speaking of Ryzen 3000 series. There is new RAM coming out from G.Skill (Trident Z Neo) that has those cheesy LEDs on by default, but it has quite good timing optimized for Ryzen 3000s.
          With Zen 2 AMD has improved the memory controller compatibility tremendously. People on reddit are routinely hitting the sweet spot of 3600/3733 with low latency timings. Even a cheap A320 motherboard worked with 3733CL18.

Comment

Considering how good (and anticipated) this hardware is, it's no wonder there will be new versions of "stable" distros to get it up and running. I hope people know they should mock every distro that doesn't attempt to get Zen2 running ASAP.

Comment

Being a Mageia user and anticipating building my wife's next computer around a 3700x, I'm impressed that they re-rolled their ISOs. I was ready to set up her new rig, do the install with my Raven Ridge 2400, then patch systemd and install the 3700x.

Now it'll be really easy to get every thing going from the ground up. Now if Newegg could get some of the damn processors in stock from someone other than the scalpers I'd be in business.

In any case, way to go Mageia.

Comment

Working...
              X