Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NetworkManager 1.20 Released With WiFi Mesh Network Support, WireGuard Improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NetworkManager 1.20 Released With WiFi Mesh Network Support, WireGuard Improvements

Phoronix: NetworkManager 1.20 Released With WiFi Mesh Network Support, WireGuard Improvements

NetworkManager 1.20 is now available as the newest feature update for this widely used configuration component for the Linux networking stack...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Does NetworkManager WireGuard support work for anyone yet? On Fedora 30, I can import a configuration file just fine, but I don't get any connectivity after connecting the VPN. IP address and route configuration look fine, though. Meanwhile, using the "wg-quick" tool works fine with the same configuration file.

Comment

Originally posted by brent View Post
      Does NetworkManager WireGuard support work for anyone yet? On Fedora 30, I can import a configuration file just fine, but I don't get any connectivity after connecting the VPN. IP address and route configuration look fine, though. Meanwhile, using the "wg-quick" tool works fine with the same configuration file.
      I've managed to get it working on fedora 30 with this guide

As usual the NetworkManager gui fails, I can only start it with nmcli

Comment

Originally posted by brent View Post
        If you have 5.2 kernel or newer, then possibly you hit a bug that's fixed upstream. You would see that NetworkManager is entirely unable to configure the WireGuard link, and that would be visible in the logfile.

"Having no connectivity" however sounds more like the routes are not properly set up. As you would see by looking at `ip route` output. That would commonly happen when you set allowed-ips to 0.0.0.0/0 or ::/0. NetworkManager 1.20.0 improved here, but that is only in Fedora rawhide. See here for more infos .

Comment

Originally posted by thom311 View Post
          If you have 5.2 kernel or newer, then possibly you hit a bug that's fixed upstream.
          This will be fixed by NetworkManager-1.16.4-1.fc30.

Comment

Working...
          X