Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa Radeon Vulkan Driver Sees ~30% Performance Boost For APUs

Phoronix: Mesa Radeon Vulkan Driver Sees ~30% Performance Boost For APUs

Mesa's RADV Radeon Vulkan driver just saw a big performance optimization land to benefit APUs like Raven Ridge and Picasso, simply systems with no dedicated video memory...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    The change by Feral's Alex Smith puts the uncachd GTT type

Comment

Will this patch be applied to Valve's ACO? Would love to provide some benchmark numbers on my Thinkpad E595 with Ryzen 7 3700U.

Comment

Well, I had to re-read the commit message to make sense out of it.
        When we don't have dedicated VRAM, we don't have a non-visible VRAM type, and the property flags for GTT and visible VRAM are identical. According to the spec, for types with identical flags, we should give the one with better performance a lower index.
        Previously, apps which follow the spec guidance for choosing a memory type would have picked the GTT type in preference to visible VRAM (all Feral games will do this), and end up with lower performance.
        Luckily, you didn't have Vulkan benchmarks in that 3400G review :P

Comment

It would be really interesting to see the effect of this on a PS4 running Linux.

Comment

Yeah about the ps4.. are there any public patch sets available (mesa and the kernel) for running linux?

Comment

My HP Envy x360 13 2500U thanks you.

Comment

Originally posted by MastaG View Post
                Yeah about the ps4.. are there any public patch sets available (mesa and the kernel) for running linux?
                Yes, there are

Comment

woohoo, nice

Comment

Originally posted by acedogblast View Post
                    Will this patch be applied to Valve's ACO? Would love to provide some benchmark numbers on my Thinkpad E595 with Ryzen 7 3700U.
                    This is not related to the compiler and hence will be picked up the next time there is a rebase.

Comment

Working...
                    X