NVIDIA's Latest Open-Source Project Is Their NVDLA Deep Learning Compiler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA's Latest Open-Source Project Is Their NVDLA Deep Learning Compiler

Phoronix: NVIDIA's Latest Open-Source Project Is Their NVDLA Deep Learning Compiler

Two years ago NVIDIA announced the NVDLA as an open-source hardware project with this "NVIDIA Deep Learning Accelerator" to be a free and open architecture for inference accelerators. NVIDIA has now expanded the open-source software ecosystem around NVDLA...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

"NVIDIA" and "Open-Source" don't go well in the same sentence.

I'm pretty sure this contains some sort of "open with exception"...

Comment

From the github:
      NVDLA SW is released under the BSD 3-Clause license. An exception exists for the NVDLA SW Linux Kernel Mode Driver which is released under a GPLv2/BSD 3-Clause dual license. Each source and header file contains its license notice at the start of the file.

NVDLA SW uses some external software components such as flatbuffers, half-precision library. License text for these softwares is included in COPYING file.

Comment

Can someone explain why some fancy pants name "X Deep Learning Compiler" is any different than a fucking regular compiler.

All these "trendy" words for dumb people are annoying me "The Cloud" (A fucking server computer) "Deep Learning" (If, Then, Else + Scammery, Algorithms, and a Database)

I feel like I'm in some fancy store where they're trying to sell me fucking holy soap supposedly hand crafted by the 12 Apostles, or fucking "moon rocks" disguising something ordinary and extraordinary.

99% Con, 1% Product

Comment

Originally posted by lectrode View Post
          From the github:
          Those appear to be userland components under open source licenses like Apache and MIT:

NVDLA SW. Contribute to nvdla/sw development by creating an account on GitHub.

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricPrism View Post
            All these "trendy" words for dumb people are annoying me
            Because Kubernetify AI and Cloud everything.

Comment

It looks like it is for this:

Comment

Can someone explain why some fancy pants name "X Deep Learning Compiler" is any different than a fucking regular compiler.

All these "trendy" words for dumb people are annoying me "The Cloud" (A fucking server computer) "Deep Learning" (If, Then, Else + Scammery, Algorithms, and a Database)

I feel like I'm in some fancy store where they're trying to sell me fucking holy soap supposedly hand crafted by the 12 Apostles, or fucking "moon rocks" disguising something ordinary and extraordinary.

99% Con, 1% Product
                Here is the reason: Everybody would be startled if we used "data server" instead of "cloud" and/or they wouldn't comprehend immediately.

Comment

99% Con, 1% Product
                  This is compiling only DL network description graphs and is not general compiler. Maybe not useful for you but definitely for others.

Comment

99% Con, 1% Product
                    Because humans are like magpies. Shiny shit always seems more attractive than dull shit.
                    99% of people aren't smart enough to differ between anything technological, even those working within the field.
                    Ergo. You want something sold, make the turd shine.

Comment

Working...
                    X